New Nebra HNT Outdoor Hotspot Miner –923/915MHzMHz /868MHz
Efficient miner for a new cryptocurrency, Helium (HNT)
Complete set-up in minutes using a smartphone
LongFi™ technology maximises range and battery life
Low Power – uses as much power as a broadband router (15W)
Easily manage Hotspots and tokens from the mobile app
Ready for Shipping
Introducing the Nebra HNT Outdoor Hotspot Miner
Earn HNT cryptocurrency by mining Helium and building coverage for The People’s Network using the Nebra HNT Outdoor Hotspot Miner. Anyone can join The People’s Network and provide hundreds of square miles of wireless network coverage, while mining HNT on the Helium Blockchain just as hotspot miners do.
The Outdoor HNT Hotspot Miner opens up a plethora of opportunities, such as the ability to mount a hotspot to the side of buildings, houses and roofs. It’s an ideal solution for wider coverage applications across villages, towns and cities.
- Efficient miner for a new cryptocurrency, Helium (HNT)
- Complete set-up in minutes using a smartphone
- LongFi™ technology maximises range and battery life
- Low Power – uses as much power as a broadband router (15W)
- Easily manage Hotspots and tokens from the mobile app
Helium LongFi™ is a technology architecture that combines a leading wireless technology, LoRaWAN, and the Helium Blockchain. LongFi™ is optimised for miles of range, and long battery life for IoT devices.
The Nebra HNT Outdoor Hotspot Miner comes in three different frequency variants:
- 470 MHz (CN470) – this is suitable for China.
- 868 MHz (EU868, IN865, RU864) – this is suitable for EU, India, Russia and a variety of other countries.
- 915 MHz (US915, AU915, KR920, AS923-1/2/3) – this is suitable for USA, Australia, New Zealand and lots of countries in South America and Asia.
If you are unsure which frequency you need to order you can take a look at our “What Helium Region” tool created by our engineer Ryan.
In the Nebra HNT hotspot miners, the frequency plan for the LoRa concentrator (for example US915 or AU915) is determined automatically based on the location that you choose for the “location assert”. This means that within the frequency variants (470 MHz, 868 MHz, 915 MHz) you can move it to a new location with a different frequency plan and it will auto-update. This only works within a single frequency – for example you can change from a US915 to AU915 location. But you can’t change from a US915 location to EU868 or CN470 without changing the concentrator module.
Proof of Coverage
The Nebra HNT Outdoor Hotspot Miner earns HNT Helium tokens when devices connect, and for validating wireless coverage delivered by peers. Using a system called Proof-of-Coverage, Hotspot Miners earn more HNT when they’re in range of other miners, but need to be at least 300 metres apart.
The range depends on the environment:
- Rural areas: ~10 miles or more.
- Dense areas: ~ 1 mile.
Single HNT Hotspot Miners earn less as they can only issue Challenges over the internet, and can’t participate in Proof-of-Coverage.
How much does this miner earn?
Compared to other cryptocurrencies there isn’t a constant amount of HNT earned per day by the units due to the variations on a setup to setup basis.
Take a look at this coverage map to see what others in your region are earning.
This kit comes with:
- Raspberry Pi Compute Module.
- LoRa Concentrator Module.
- 3dBi Glass Fiber Antenna.
- IP67 Case suited for outdoor use.
- Nebra ECC Key for securely storing your swarm key.
- Hotspot Management
- Hotspot $40 on boarding
- First $10 location assert
- **Any change of location after are covered by the user at a cost of $10 USD / 1,000,000 DC.
The Nebra hotspot miners come with two options for managing your hotspot remotely.
You can sign up for the hotspot management platform here.
This includes built in auto-update functionality (via an auto updater-script) for the life of the device at no extra charge.
The advanced plan includes a management dashboard allowing you to remotely manage your fleet of miners, check device stats, hotspot performance and mor